Upcoming Teacher Trainings
Become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) with The Yoga Studio.
Lead trainer is studio owner Lauren Pinnoy, with 1000 hours of worldwide teacher training experience.
This training is part time and includes unlimited yoga at The Yoga Studio for the duration of the course and manual. You will be fully trained with the foundation knowledge of yoga and enough practice to become a well-rounded yoga teacher. Allowing one to register with Yoga Alliance International.
Highlights of this 200 hour transformative program include:
- Body awareness – connection to body, breath and energy
- Correct alignment in all the foundational physical poses (asana).
- Considered and intelligent sequencing.
- Deeper understanding of breath technique (pranayama).
- Adjustments. Safe touch of students.
- Self-inquiry and yogic philosophy.
Graduates of The Yoga Studio 200hr Teacher Training program are equipped to become fully-accredited professional yoga teachers. Each step of the way, the art and discipline required for a lifetime of self-practice is taught.
Terms & Conditions:
Please note that a minimum of 6 months dedicated yoga practice is required, and that each student should be in good health and relative physical fitness before partaking in a yoga teacher training.
Early bird ends 30 Nov 2020.
For more information regarding the teacher training in Jan 2021, please email email@example.com or call Lauren on 072 3068 541.
We will have the incredible Dale Guthrie from @holism.health here in March 2021 for applied anatomy!
The anatomy course will be in March 2021.
This course is designed to cover the essential parts of our anatomy in a systematical manor while emphasising continuity or wholeness of the body. This course covers the basic arrangement of bones, muscles, joints and fascia and takes a deeper look at our nervous and respiratory system. Not only will you gain a basic structural understanding of each system but understand how these systems effect yoga and how yoga effects these systems.
Gaining a deeper understanding of your anatomy will enable you to:
- Visualize the anatomy at work in yoga asana
- Identify common postural abnormalities or habitual patterns and at risk positions
- use the bones to cue alignment
- take your students to a deeper level in their asana practice without causing injury
- design more intelligible yoga classes
- be better able to understand your students when they come with questions
- be better able to regress poses for people who are less able
This course draws from current and relevant research and as a result is ever evolving. So, don’t expect to get the same parrot style information each time.
Dates for the LIVE course in Ballito at The Yoga Studio Ballito:
11-14 March 2020
- Thursday 2-5pm
- Friday 2-7pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10-4pm
Cost of course:
R4000 (early bird R3600 before 30 Nov 2020) – This includes a manual (PDF)
*Should you have done a 200 hour TTC with either Lauren or Dale you qualify for 10% discount.
Past Teacher Trainings
The Yoga Studio
Unit 7, Silverstone Way
Douglas Crowe Drive
Ballito Business Park
Tel: 072 306 8541